On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 09:46:57 -0600, Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> well, if it's part of the tree ...
>>

>> But what if it's not part of the tree? For example
>>
>>> Acrobat.lnk  cow.pdf
>>
>> Now you will say, "Why not use texmfstart --file=showcase.pdf
>> --program=context"
>>
>> Answer: Because texmfstart always resizes the acrobat window, and I want
>> to keep the relative positions of my editor and viewer the same at all
>> times. (of course showcase.pdf is full screen-mode but the restore
>> position is still resized). This is also why I don't use the --autopdf
>> option.
>>
>> If one opens Acrobat with a link file this does not happen: the relative
>> position generally stays the same as when it was last closed. If I make
>> LNK executable in System Properties then I can use the following batch
>> file
>>
>> Acrobat.lnk %*
>>
>> which will start its argument without resizing the window. So what I
>> need is a batch file such that, from a console, I can say
>>
>> Acrobat.bat cow.pdf
>>
>> and C:\context will be searched for the file.
>>
>> How can I do this?
>>
>> I hope this is clearer. I wrote the question more abstractly because
>> there could be many programs one may want to operate on the context
>> tree.
>

> mtxrun --launch cow.pdf

===========
mtxrun --launch cow.pdf
Error in lua file loading: C:\ConTeXt\tex\texmf-mswin\bin\mtxrun.lua:3055:
attempt to index local 'filename' (a nil value)
===========

Also, I don't see how this relates to the resizing issue. Is there an
option to mtxrun that, say, launches the pdf through the LNK shortcut
instead of the EXE.? I saw the following lines in conedt.ini:

============
&Acrobat Reader
  Acrobat Reader
%P
%$('AcroRead'); "%P\%N.pdf"
Acrobat Reader
%P\%N.pdf

Is this where texmfstart gets its launch information for --autopdf etc? Or
am I supposed to leave these alone?

Best
Idris

--