On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 03:54:14 -0600, Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> I want to create a batch file to open a program so that it will search
>>> the
>>> contents of C:\ConTeXt, which contains my entire system, including
>>> subdirectories. For example, if foo.tex is a file in C:\ConTeXt, and
>>> goo.exe is some program, then for

>>> I want goo to seach C:\ConTeXt for foo.tex. Is there a straightforward
>>> way
>>> to edit the following to get this effect?
>>>
>>> ============================
>>> rem batch file
>>>
>>> goo %
>>> ============================
>>>
>>> Any pointers will be appreciated.
>
> well, if it's part of the tree ...

But what if it's not part of the tree? For example

> Acrobat.lnk  cow.pdf

Now you will say, "Why not use texmfstart --file=showcase.pdf
--program=context"

Answer: Because texmfstart always resizes the acrobat window, and I want
to keep the relative positions of my editor and viewer the same at all
times. (of course showcase.pdf is full screen-mode but the restore
position is still resized). This is also why I don't use the --autopdf
option.

If one opens Acrobat with a link file this does not happen: the relative
position generally stays the same as when it was last closed. If I make
LNK executable in System Properties then I can use the following batch file

Acrobat.lnk %*

which will start its argument without resizing the window. So what I need
is a batch file such that, from a console, I can say

Acrobat.bat cow.pdf

and C:\context will be searched for the file.

How can I do this?

I hope this is clearer. I wrote the question more abstractly because there
could be many programs one may want to operate on the context tree.

Best wishes
Idris

--
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid