Gour wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've asked on auctex ml about the prospects of getting preview-context,
> similar
> to preview-latex and here is the reply:
>
> "There are no ConTeXt users among the active developers (actually, there
> is not even much activity in the LaTeX area, but the status quo is
> rather more advanced).  As long as that does not change, I don't see
> much of a point to talk vapour."
>
> (see  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.auctex.general/2387)
>
> Since I plan to move to ConTeXt using AUCTeX, I'm interested to hear if
> there is some interest here (amongst emacs users) to have preview-context
> withing AUCTeX package?
>
> otoh, I'm interested if there is newer version of  etexshow
> (Browser for ConTeXt commands) ?

in my opinion previewing contradicts symbolic markup (apart maybe from
special subconstructs); anyhow, because context sometimes relies on
multipass info, previewing is no option unless on fast machines

at some point mkiv may provide proper hooks and functionality for
partial previewing (e.g. when we can store intermediate states properly)