On Jan 11, 2008 5:03 AM, Arthur Reutenauer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   This seems to be a slight misfeature in Mark IV: I take that when
> opening a font file with an .otf extension, it assumes it is an OpenType
> font with PostScript outlines (cubic splines); when the file has a .ttf
> extension, it supposes there are TrueType outlines (quadratic splines).
> Both types of outlines are mutually exclusive and are contained in
> different tables of the font file (respectively, 'CFF' and 'glyf').
> This is indeed a widespread convention (including FontForge's), but this
> font doesn't follow it, since it has TrueType outlines and an .otf
> extension; hence the error message (ConTeXt is looking for a CFF table
> and can't find it, since there is a glyf table instead).

>   When you edited the font in Fontforge and exported it as
> UnicodeSymbols.otf, it was converted to a CFF-based OpenType font, so
> ConTeXt could use it.

>   I consider this a bug in Mark IV (I think the problem is really in
> ConTeXt, not LuaTeX).  It should be able to use the original font, even
> if this extension thing is annoying.
Is there another solution other than fontforge ?
I mean, I was not able to use original font without processing it with
font forge.

> > And How can I quicky  access symbols like U+25c9 ?
>
>   One would think you knew that, Luigi!  Just use ^^^^25c9, for example.
ok.
I mean using by using characters.data in char-def.lua:

  [0x25C9] = { unicodeslot=0x25C9, category='so', description='FISHEYE' },

it should be easy with a bit \ctxlua get glyph by description .

--
luigi

it's new .
it's powerful .