> wel, we can make a characters.context.descriptions but i'm not sure if
> it will really be used, because when one knows this rather verbose
> string (has looked it up), one could as well use the (also found)
> unicode directly

  That's what I thought at first, but then I realized it could be useful
for characters with diacritics, whose names are much more predictable in
general (at least for some diacritic marks). And then you could add
named sequences (http://www.unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/NamedSequences.txt)
which are a couple of additional names for some specific *sequences* of
Unicode characters.

        Arthur