On Monday 24 March 2008 08:53, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> PS: I'm CC-ing to Ethan in case he has some proposal about what could
> be done with metapost terminal to support UTF-8 (one of the best thing
> to do would be to remove cmr, but more is needed), and I'm CC-ing to
> the developer of the new TikZ terminal (for no specific reason).

Gnuplot's metapost terminal correctly passes through UTF-8 characters
to the output.  Metapost itself then mangles them.  If there is some
additional keyword or command that gnuplot could emit that would allow
metapost to do better, please let me know.  Otherwise I think this
problem must be resolved by using a different toolchain, one that is
UTF-8 aware.

Mojca:

  If the context terminal allows UTF-8 strings to be properly handled
by TeX, for me that's a strong argument in favor of including it in the
next gnuplot release.  Does it?

        Ethan

--
Ethan A Merritt