On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 1:17 PM, Thomas A. Schmitz
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mar 24, 2008, at 11:34 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> > works here, just to be sure i uploaded a new current
> >
> > Hans
> >

> Thanks Hans! You're right; I worked on a minimal example for a long
> time and got confused. I tried again; this example demonstrates the
> behavior (I tested on two different computers to be really sure :-):
>
> test.xml:
>
> <document>
>   <section>
>     <label>A</label>
>     <content>text
>     <itemize>
>       <item>
>        one
>       </item>
>       <item>
>        two
>       </item>
>       <item>
>        three
>       </item>
>     </itemize>
>     more text
>     </content>
>   </section>
> </document>
>
> test-style.tex:
>
> \startxmlsetups xml:mysetups
>        \xmlsetsetup{\xmldocument}{document|section|itemize|item}{xml:*}
> \stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:mysetups
       \xmlsetsetup{\xmldocument}{document|section|content|itemize|item}{xml:*}
\stopxmlsetups

> \xmlregistersetup{xml:mysetups}
>
> \startxmlsetups xml:document
>        \xmlflush{#1}
> \stopxmlsetups
>
> \startxmlsetups xml:section
>        \section{\xmlfirst{#1}{label}} \xmlfirst{#1}{content}
> \stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:section
       \section{\xmlfirst{#1}{label}}
       \xmlflush{#1}
\stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:content
       \xmlflush{#1}
\stopxmlsetups

> \startxmlsetups xml:itemize
>        \startitemize
>        \xmlflush{#1}
>        \stopitemize
> \stopxmlsetups
>
> \startxmlsetups xml:item
>        \item \xmlflush{#1} \par
> \stopxmlsetups

also possible

\startxmlsetups xml:item
       \startitem
       \xmlflush{#1}
       \stopitem
\stopxmlsetups

> \starttext
> \xmlprocess{main}{\inputfilename}{}
> \stoptext

Not sure if this works, I can't test it at the moment.

Wolfgang