Dear all,

I want to set up a shared bibliographic reference database for my
research group, and I'm looking at software like refbase http://
refbase.sourceforge.net/ or refdb http://refdb.sourceforge.net/ to
replace the somewhat random collection of personal BibTeX .bib files
we have.

Does anyone have any experience or advice to offer in using such
things, and hooking them up to ConTeXt?  Most of these systems will
of course emit a .bib file which will obviously work, but will any
emit the .bbl so I can forget about BibTeX?  Will luatex one day
connect to a bib database and fetch the details of a cited
reference?  Is there a ConTeXt "approved" way forward for this sort
of thing?

Thanks in advance, Robin