Citando Mojca Miklavec <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 10:36 PM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>  > Two explanations are possible (there was no attachment to your mail)
>>
>>  Indeed no. I gave up when I received the e-mail saying my message was
>>  waiting for approval. I apologise.
>
> Waiting for approval because of too big attachment?

Suppose no. It was a log file.

>>  > - your ConTeXt is too old. OpenSuSE has TeXLive 2007, I guess, so you
>>  > should update ConTeXt.
>>
>>  Right. My Context is from 2007. The point is that I am so clumsy about
>>  installing something on OpenSuse/Linux (I have a Windows machine using
>>  MikTex, suppose that doesn't help) that I do it always on line with a
>>  repo.
>
> MikTeX does help. Quite some users report that the latest version of
> ConTeXt is currently broken though (and yesterday updating MikTeX was
> broken). I had no chance to check, but in theory it should work (you
> need to use MikTeX 2.7). I guess that even the module itself is
> included in MikTeX.

I have MikTex 2.7. I uninstalled and installed again because it
couldn't build the format for ConTeXt. Now it builds but texexec
--version does not produce any output. MikTex help list says one
should have perl and ruby - which I have (I checked the environment
variables and ruby is not there; this can be the cause but I don't
know how to add it). Anyway I will stick to Linux first.

>> Download and install rpm packages (or other files) rarely turns
>>  out to be good. But anyway I have tried to install according to the
>>  recipe I found on wiki
>>  (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Linux_User_Installation). Didn't
>>  manage. If you have no other suggestion I can try again and post the
>>  result.
>
> Those instructions are a bit out-of-date (the problem is that the zips
> on PRAGMA are rather old). I will fix the instructions.
>
> Can you try this?
>       mkdir context && cd context
>       rsync -ptv rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/first-setup.sh .
>       ./first-setup.sh
> and then put something like
>       . ~/context/setuptex ~/context
> to .bash_profile or .bashrc or only execute that command once you need
> it (it will shield your global tex installation, but you can remove it
> at any time).
>
> This will only "install" a local copy.
>
> If you need to fix the global installation, one option is to update
> "only" ConTeXt files, for example with
>    rsync -av rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/current/context/current/
> location-of-your-distro/texmf-something
> (test to a temporary location first)
>
> But:
> - you also need to update LM fonts
> - I would also suggest to update the xetex and xdvipdfmx binary in
> that case. XeTeX before winter works extremely slowly with latest
> ConTeXt

Thanks for your help. I will try one of those solutions.
A final remark. I didn't say this (bellow quoted), it is written in
one of the manuals (mp-cb-en.pdf), page 4:

>>  "CONTEXT expects a plain ASCII input file. Of course you can use any
>>  texteditor or wordprocessor
>>  you want, but you should not forget that CONTEXT can only read ASCII
>>  input. Most
>>  texteditors or wordprocessors can export your file as plain ASCII."
>
> That's not true. Maybe it was in the past, but you can use UTF-8
> without a problem now.
>
> Mojca

Armando