Peter Rolf schrieb:
> luigi scarso schrieb:
>>> i can make a minimal example(<100kb), so you can look into it when you
>>> have time. there are still problems with clipping in mkiv, but my first
>>> try to create a breaking minimal failed. so far db problems and clipping
>>> in mkiv are the only issues left (rest looks pretty good!).
>> ok , plus your tex code
>> (offlist)
>>
> thanks luigi. no way to test it elsewhere :)

first of all: *thanks to luigi* for testing and for using the 'right'
binary versions (which was the key) :)

now the news:
- pdftex 1.40.7 works fine with my test file. the only thing is, that it
complains about the wrong pdf version of the included db file.
..
pdfTeX warning: pdftex (file ./lib/test-db.pdf): PDF inclusion: found
PDF version <1.6>, but at most version <1.5> allowed

- luatex 0.25.3 doesn't break, but includes always the first image in
the database. if i remember it right this was a filter problem.

- pdftex 1.50alpha and
   luatex trunk (17.05.2008) fail with the described error

the latest official released versions of luatex and pdftex generate a
working pdf. both developement versions fail. i guess there is a bug in
the pdf inclusion routines, as this is all that is done in my test file.
if someone can tell me how i can pass the pdfminorversion as runtime
parameter, i can create a database in pdf1.4 and test it again with a
more 'compatible' pdf version. anyhow, i quit for today...

best wishes, peter