"Wolfgang Schuster" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi John,
>
>>> Wolfgang, thanks - but this does not seem to fix the problem. The
>>> "last page" appears opposite page 3 instead of opposite page 1.
>>>
>>> To be clear, I am looking for a way to specify that content is to be
>>> placed on the outside of the cover, i.e. printed on the same side of
>>> the same sheet as page 1, when "arranged".
>
> Could you try the following page brake method.
>
> \unprotect
>
> \installpagebreakhandler {newquadruple}%
>   {\ifdoublesided
>      \!!counta\realpageno
>      \!!countb\realpageno
>      \advance\!!counta 4
>      \divide\!!counta 4
>      \multiply\!!counta 4
>      \advance\!!countb 1
>      \advance\!!counta-\!!countb
>      \executepagebreakhandler\v!yes
>      \dorecurse\!!counta{\executepagebreakhandler\v!empty}%
>    \fi}
>
> \protect
>
>>> \setuppapersize[A5][A4]
>>> \setuparranging[2UP,rotated,doublesided]
>>> \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided]
>>>
>>> \setuplayout[margin=0pt,width=fit]
>>> \setupbodyfont[16pt]
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>>
>>> \dorecurse{11}{\input tufte \par \input knuth \par}
>>>
>>> \page[8]
>>
>> \page[8] is useless in this example because you're already beyound
>> the eight page and the argument is useless in this case.
>>
>> \page[quadruple]
>
> \page[newquadruple]

Well, this worked, thank you!

I can safely say I would not have found that on my own...

Could I trouble you for a version to take me to the page *before*,
i.e. the inside back cover? I now realise I may need to put content
there too, and if not I can just do another \page to get to the
outside back cover.

>>> Back Cover
>>>
>>> \stoptext
>>>
>>>        texexec --arrange --paperformat=a5a4 --printformat=up test2.tex
>>
>> texexec test2
>>
>> you need --arrange only for documents with a table of content, indices ...

OK, but my real document *will* have these - this was just a minimal
example. Originally I wanted to put the arrangment commands outside
the document, but I then put them inside too in case it helped.

--

John Devereux