Hi Hans,

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 09:45:10 -0600, Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Khaled Hosny wrote:
>> Using Luatex engine, ZWNJ and ZWJ chars are rendered incorrectly. If the
>> font has a glyph for it, it does the expected behaviour (force
>> non-joining or joining respectively) but the glyph get rendered while it
>> shouldn't. But if the font has no glyphs for it, it has no effect at
>> all. See the attached example.
>
> i uploaded a beta
>
> after analyzing i now remove the joiners

Not sure if this is the best approach:

Despite what MS Typography says, I think it's important to maintain the
joiner info after analysis. If I select text from a pdf, the joiner info
should be there. This is important for, eg, switching from Arabic-language
to Farsi-language typography. So If I select some pdf text formatted
according to Farsi rules, I should be able to save that text with the
rules included.

Can this be made an option, so fonts that contain zwj zwnj are not
affected?

Best wishes
Idris

International Journal of Shi`i Studies