Goden Dag,
although my primary field of ConTeXt questions is marginal notes, I use to read the "footnote" threads on NTG-context with curiousness as well .

Am 20.07.2008 um 19:50 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:
When the manual is inadequate, I look at the sources.

=> Which sorces, wich directory and kind of files are meant, if one says "look at the source", where do I find them? (On my TeX-life distribution on Mac OSX 10.4x Tiger with actualized ConTeXt I didn't find the later mentioned "core-not.tex")

Once you figure out how to scan them for information,

=> Could one comunicate "how to scan them for infomation" or must that stay a secret?

they are easy to understand.
[I repeat: "easy to understand"!]

In this case, core-not.tex says that the options of \setupfootnotes are

      [\c!location=\v!page,
       \c!way=\v!by\v!part,
       \c!sectionnumber=\v!no,
       \c!conversion=,
       \c!rule=\v!on,
[etc. and so on...]

Nothing of this and the following code lines I can understand, so it is not "easy" - albeit that one knows the syntax and meanings of these commands.

=> Where can I find an explanation of this, not to write this kind of code myself but to understand off it, which kind of commands I can use with footnotes (in this case)?

Ulrich Dirr, who had posed the question about his kind of footnotes asked back 21.07.2008 at 09:09:
O.k. I could look in the source too, but where did you read
'location=normal'? Also I don't know what other option are allowed, e.g., in \numbercommand or \split. Only the default values are here as I understand.

I support this question (only that I don't know how to look in the sorce yet...)

Goutgaun!
Joachim Kreimer-de Fries,
simpel user and beginner in ConTeXt
P. S.
An OT-question besides: does anyone know an file manager program instead of the mac Finder, which allows me to find files in the hidden directories of Mac-OSX in a GUI way instead of unix terminal commands "cd", "ls" and "find"?