I followed these directions exactly and scite is working out of the
box on mswincontext.zip.

To remove RubyGems from a single Ruby installation, from the
site_ruby/1.8 directory of that installation, remove:

* rubygems.rb (file)
* rubygems (directory)

If you do not have RubyGems installed in other Ruby installation
directories, you can also remove the following files from whatever
command directory is listed in your PATH:

* gem
* gemwhich
* gem_server
* gem_mirror
* generate_yaml_index.rb

And if you are removing RubyGems completely, don't forget to remove the
RUBYOPT environment variable from your environment.

Without actually trying it, I think that will do it.

D.

I also added import metapost in scite, but not all of the menu items
on the tool menu work, in fact most of them don't work. Ctrl+6
doesn't open the console, I can't get gsview to work instead of gv, etc.

D.