Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang <at> googlemail.com> writes:

> \xmlprocess{main}{zip:///\inputfilename.odt?name=content.xml}{}
>
> or
>
> \usezipfile[\inputfilename.odt]
> \xmlprocess{main}{*/content.xml}{}

Thank you very much - very nice!

> You could use this for the start but it behavious a little bit weird.
>
>   \unprotect
>
>   \def\switchfontstyle
>     {\ifx\fontalternative\c!tf \it \else
>      \ifx\fontalternative\c!bf \bi \else
>                                \it \fi\fi}
>
>   \protect
>
>   \xmlmapvalue {fo:font-style}  {italic} {\switchfontstyle}

Hmm ... if I understand this correctly this is aimed at dealing with nested
bold/italic attributes?
While I'm certainly going to fall over this rather soon, I think the issue here
is that the following excerpt, where "T1" and "T2" correspond to bold and italic
definitions further up, is misinterpreted such that the opening "text:span" of
the "T1" section is taken for the beginning of the "T2" section instead and "T2"
is accordingly applied to the whole construct ...

<text:p text:style-name="Standard">
   Versuch
   <text:span text:style-name="T1">
      Bold Versuch
   </text:span>
   <text:span text:style-name="T2">
      Italic Versuch
   </text:span>
</text:p>

Where in Hans' snippet below might that be fixable?

\startxmlsetups office
   \xmlsetsetup{main}{text:p|text:span}{*}
\stopxmlsetups
xmlregistersetup{office}

\startxmlsetups text:p
   \xmlflush{#1}\par
\stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups text:span
   \bgroup

\xmlfilter{main}{office:automatic-styles/style:style/style:text-properties
/command(do:style:text-properties)}
      \xmlflush{#1}
   \egroup
\stopxmlsetups