> This is one of the famous Zapf dingbats, available in dedicated fonts;
 > you don't really need Unicode fonts in order to typeset it.
 > Try the instructions by Adam Lindsay
 >
 >http://web.archive.org/web/20061130021250/homepage.mac.com/atl/tex/ZapfDingbats.pdf)

Thank you for the very quick answer. I read Mr. Lindsay's instruction.
It worked, and quite easily. I also tried to just use the character in
mkiv. That didn't work. However, in mkii, I tried the following:

\usesymbols[uzd]
\definecharacter crosssign    {\uchar{39}{29}}
\starttext

Here is the \crosssign\ in a sentence.

\stoptext

That worked too, and seems easier.

I would like to figure it out it mkiv as well. I type the character in
VIM, but it showed up as a space in the PDF.

-Erich