Ilda Khaki wrote:
thanks. but this file looks like a textbook. it is too long. can not be shorter? I have not tried your sample but 1) will this produce farsi maths? (2) I want irani date, is it possible? (3) From otared samples, i can see that luatex can not handle fonts well, is the issue solved? 4) how footnote rules are? 5) can I make a farsi presentation?6) can I create farsi magazine? 7) does this work with beamer?

(1) what is farsi math ... what makes it special?

(2) one can plug in converters (it might already be there)

(3) it's not an luatex issue since it only provides the mechanisms, but afaik context/mkiv can do a reasonable job

(4) i dunno, this is a layout issue and i cannot implement something specific if i have no specs

(5) sure, not special about presentations

(6) sure

(7) no, because it's not latex

anyhow, handling farsi boils down to:

- fonts: these should work ok and if not, we can solve it given examples and fonts

- layouts: you need to communicate that with idris since he's in charge of investigating specific features needed for r/l typesetting; it's mostly a configuration issue, but i can imagine some more r/l direction keys (in that respect i'd rather not talk about farsi but more in general terms of lr vs rl typesetting/layout)