On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 8:34 AM, Mikael Persson <mic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 6:37 PM, Aditya Mahajan <adit...@umich.edu> wrote:

>>> I would not just bet on it. I would try it first. If mr works, one
>>> should better leave mr, but I have no idea why it fails.
>>
>> The reason \hat is defined using tf is because the math font does not have
>> accents. This is the same thing with Euler, and last I checked (about a
>> months ago), Euler accents work perfectly in MKIV. So, in principle it
>> should  work with Fourier also.
>>
>> I do not have time right now to look into it, maybe sometime next week.

>>> Hans, what's the strategy with non-unicode fonts, in particular
>>> Utopia? It doesn't come in otf format, but could still be used in both
>>> mkiv and XeTeX. Is there some type-something.tex foreseen for such
>>> fonts?
>>
>> Another possibility is to redistribute the fonts as otf. From what I
>> understand from the license (http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/utopia/)
>> it is ok to modify the fonts (ie change the format) as long as you do not
>> call the modified font utopia, and remove all references to Adobe. Are there
>> tools to convert type 1 to otf?
>>
>> Aditya
>
> Thanks Mojca and Aditya for your help. I just found out that if I change
>
>    \definefontsynonym [MathRoman]     [Utopia-Regular]
>    \definefontsynonym [MathRoman]     [futr8t]
> in the typescript file, and define the math accents as:
>
> \def\grave{\mathaccent"7000}
> \def\acute{\mathaccent"7001}
> \def\hat{\mathaccent"7002}
> \def\tilde{\mathaccent"7003}
> \def\ddot{\mathaccent"7004}
> \def\mathring{\mathaccent"7006}
> \def\check{\mathaccent"7007}
> \def\breve{\mathaccent"7008}
> \def\bar{\mathaccent"7009}
> \def\dot{\mathaccent"700A}
>
> they all work (both in mkii and mkiv). Can someone explain how to
> convert these definitions to context versions, for example like
>  \definemathsymbol [acute]    [accent] [tf] ["1]?
>
> Best regards, Mikael

I thought I tested this before, but

\startmathcollection [fou]
  \definemathsymbol [acute]    [accent] [mr] ["1]
  \definemathsymbol [grave]    [accent] [mr] ["0]
  \definemathsymbol [ddot]     [accent] [mr] ["4]
  \definemathsymbol [tilde]    [accent] [mr] ["3]
  \definemathsymbol [bar]      [accent] [mr] ["9]
  \definemathsymbol [breve]    [accent] [mr] ["8]
  \definemathsymbol [check]    [accent] [mr] ["7]
  \definemathsymbol [hat]      [accent] [mr] ["2]
  \definemathsymbol [dot]      [accent] [mr] ["A]
  \definemathsymbol [mathring] [accent] [mr] ["6]
\stopmathcollection

works as long as one has

\definefontsynonym [MathRoman]     [futr8t]

and not

\definefontsynonym [MathRoman]     [Utopia-Roman]% putr8a

or

\definefontsynonym [MathRoman]     [futr8r]

or ...

It thus seems that type-fou.tex does not need any changes.

Below is a working type script:

%%%%%%%%% type-fourier.tex
\starttypescript [serif] [utopia]
    \setups[font:fallback:serif]
    \definefontsynonym [Serif]           [Utopia-Regular]
    \definefontsynonym [SerifItalic]     [Utopia-Italic]
    \definefontsynonym [SerifBold]       [Utopia-Bold]
    \definefontsynonym [SerifBoldItalic] [Utopia-BoldItalic]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [serif] [utopia]
    \definefontsynonym [Utopia-Regular]    [file:putr8a][features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [Utopia-Italic]     [file:putri8a][features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [Utopia-Bold]       [file:putb8a][features=default]
    \definefontsynonym [Utopia-BoldItalic] [file:putbi8a][features=default]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [math] [fourier] [name]
    \definefontsynonym [MathRoman]     [futr8t]
    \definefontsynonym [MathItalic]    [futmii]
    \definefontsynonym [MathSymbol]    [futsy]
    \definefontsynonym [MathExtension] [fourier-mex]
    \loadmapfile[fourier.map]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [fourier,utopia]
    \definetypeface [\typescriptone] [rm] [serif] [utopia]  [default]
    \definetypeface [\typescriptone] [ss] [sans]  [modern]
[default][rscale=1.07]
    \definetypeface [\typescriptone] [tt] [mono]  [modern]
[default][rscale=1.07]
    \definetypeface [\typescriptone] [mm] [math]  [fourier]
[default][encoding=default]
    \usemathcollection[fou]
    \quittypescriptscanning
\stoptypescript
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

And a working test file:

%%%%%%%% Test file
\usetypescriptfile[type-fourier]
\usetypescript[fourier][ec]
\setupbodyfont[fourier]

\enablemathcollection[fou]
\starttext

Test: acute $\acute{a}$ grave $\grave{a}$ ddot $\ddot{a}$ tilde
$\tilde{a}$ bar $\bar{a}$ breve $\breve{a}$ check $\check{a}$ hat
$\hat{a}$ dot $\dot{a}$ mathring $\mathring{a}$ widetilde
$\widetilde{ab}$.
\startformula
\hat{f}(x)=
\startcases
\NC x \MC x>0\NR
\NC -x \MC x<0\NR
\stopcases
\stopformula
\stoptext
%%%%%%%

Could this \enablemathcollection[fou] go somewhere else?

Best regards, Mikael