Dear List,

A lot of you guys helped me through the process of setting a little
booklet and I have to say I was proud of the result (44 full color
pages with a lot of pictures and texts). Thanks for that.

I'm now in the process of printing that booklet. I was happy to send
my beautiful pdf to the printer for 250 copies, pdf file that has been
refused because not in a PDF/X-1A format.

I googled a bit and learned a bit about that: wikipedia has a good
article [0] on the topic and there is LaTeX package (pdfx) for pdfTeX
that has a good doc about that [1]. In short, PDF/X-1A is a set of
rules and subset of PDF that ensures that the document will be see
exactly the same for the editor and the printer (embed every fonts,
use only CMYK and son on).

Here is my question: is it possible to produce such documents with
ConTeXt? It is quite frustrating to provide my printer with huge jpeg
files.

Thanks for the reply,
-AJ

[0] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDF/X