On 18.02.2009 at 16:45 wrote Michael Bynum:

Yes, I think this will suit my needs. Thank you. I have one additional question though. In the command
\definesynonyms[nomenclature][nomenclatures][\infull]

What does the [nomenclatures] field do?  Looking at the manual it
seems to be the "plural name" input, but what purpose does it serve?

Other than letting ConTeXt know that

\completelistofnomenclatures  % <- note the plural
        and
\placelistofnomenclatures % <- same here

belong to the 'nomenclature' definition...

No idea, but since one can (easily) define commands / synonyms in other languages and not all use a simple 'add an "s" for plural' ...
My guess is, it is just for that (and very convenient at that)

Cheers
Carsten