On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfg...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am 05.03.2009 um 01:17 schrieb luigi scarso:
>
>> \starttext
>> %%% TeX version
>> \bTABLE
>> \dorecurse{5}
>> {\bTR\expandafter \bTD \recurselevel. \eTD\expandafter
>>        \bTD \recurselevel  \eTD\eTR}
>> \eTABLE
>>
>> \dorecurse{2}
>> {\recurselevel. \recurselevel\crlf}
>
> And you think it's a good idea to use \expandafter in your document?
TeX  version, not context ... :)
btw
\expandafer is not so bad, if used moderatly .

> \expanded is the tool for users to get this result without knowledge
> about TeX internals and expansion, this is from core-ntb:
>
> % permits \expanded{\bTD ... \eTD}
>
> \unexpanded\def\eTR{}
> \unexpanded\def\eTD{}
> \unexpanded\def\eTH{}
> \unexpanded\def\eTN{}
yes, of course one need to know about \expandafter... so is not so different .
But it's context style.

>> %%% luatex version
>> \startluacode
>>   tprint = function(s) tex.sprint(tex.ctxcatcodes,s) end
>>   tprint('\\bTABLE')
>>   for j = 1,5 do
>>       tprint('\\bTR')
>>       tprint('\\bTD' .. j .. '.' .. '\\eTD' .. '\\bTD' .. j .. '\\eTD')
>>       tprint('\\eTR')
>>   end
>>   tprint('\\eTABLE')
>> \stopluacode
>> \stoptext
>
> Nice solution and real alternative for package writers to avoid \expandafter
> and \expanded but nothing for a normal user, I should keep this in my mind.
Are you sure ?
What is a normal user ?
As soon as you use \dorecurse , you become a programmer .

And sooner or later, everyone become a programmer, because it's
impossible to write a format that satisfied
all your needs .

--
luigi