http://randomdeterminism.wordpress.com/2009/03/05/tex-programming-the-past-the-present-and-the-future/

> Aditya

I like the Luatex code of Luigi. Though it is longer than what Wolfgang
suggested (and in this case, I am using Wolfgang's solution now that I know
about it), the luatex code seems to be the kind of programming that I am more
comfortable with. In fact, in Latex when I was trying to achieve this, I used
the python.sty package to code this in Python.

To be able to do this using Lua (Luatex), do I need to learn the Lua programming
language. Do I pick up any beginners book on Lua? Any recommendations based on
experience of those who use Luatex here.

For example, one of the lines in the code is

 tprint = function(s) tex.sprint(tex.ctxcatcodes,s) end

Is this Lua or LuaTex?

Thanks.