On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 21:52, Xan wrote:

> So it has transparent background, but why gimp says that eps does not
> support transparency? Strange. Really strange.

At least in older versions of (E)PS you cannot use "transparent blue"
or "transparent red" to fill shapes for example. But the background is
always transparent even in PostScript in the sense that unless you
explicitely paint the background with white, you can include your
image in another document and you won't see any white white
rectangular border around it.

GIMP doesn't really support EPS. I don't know what you need GIMP for,
but when I need to convert some EPS or PDF image into transparent PNG,
I do:

gs -dSAFER -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE \
  -sDEVICE=pngalpha \
  -dTextAlphaBits=4 \
  -dGraphicsAlphaBits=4 \
  -sOutputFile=converted_file.png \
  -r100.0 \ (put here whatever number you want)
  original_file.pdf

You can try that with the logo and you'll notice the transparent
background with GIMP.

Mojca