On Apr 13, 2009, at 1:09 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

originally we had only one pagenumber but in the end we got realpage, userpage and subpage; as a result \setuppagenumbering and \setuppagenumber got somewhat fuzzy

in mkiv we have a more clear split:

\setuprealpagenumber
\setupuserpagenumber
\setupsubpagenumber

with \setuppagenumber being equivalent to \setupuserpagenumber

so, these are the commands to control the numbers; \setuppagenumbering remains for setting the other properties (alternative and so)

this is one of the few areas where mkiv is not going to be downward compatible with mkii

anyhow, there still was a bug ... renumbering started at 0 so i fixed that (you can try the beta on the ftp)

OK, I see, it (almost) works with \setupuserpagenumber. The ftp beta complains about ! LuaTeX error ...ntal/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/lxml-ini.lua: 342: attempt to call field 'loadtexfile' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
...ntal/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/lxml-ini.lua:342: in function 'load' ...ntal/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/lxml-ini.lua:353: in function 'load'
        <main ctx instance>:1: in main chunk.
\xmlload #1#2->\ctxlua {lxml.load("#1","#2")}

maybe it's missing some script file. I'll wait for your next beta.

All best

Thomas