Hi Taco,

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 8:51 PM, Taco Hoekwater <t...@elvenkind.com> wrote:
> Zhichu Chen wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I want to draw some paths that won't intersect with each other
>> in metapost. Those paths are generated "randomly," e.g., draw
>> 100 circles without any intersections. I use a very stupid
>> way like:
>
> I am probably missing something, because the fastest way to
> draw  100 non-intersecting paths is just by having them in
> a grid. You don't seem to want that, so: what do you want,
> exactly? (be warned that "marble fill" is pretty hard).

Nice to have your attention.

Those paths are not meant to be somewhere and they appear
randomly. Like one path can have a neighbor very close to it
and another path may be not so close to any of the other
ones. Basically, they are not organized, they can't form a lattice.

What I want exactly is how to determine if there's anything on
some region of the picture. I need this to test if the random
point I picked is useful.

I don't think putting them in a grid is what I want. That'll just
make those objects look like they are sorted and kind of like
it's a fake picture which is generated intentionally.

I hope I haven't make you even more confused.

> Best wishes,
> Taco

Best Regards
Chen

          Zhi-chu Chen | Shanghai Synchrotron Radiation Facility
         No. 2019 | Jialuo Rd. | Jiading | Shanghai | P.R. China
             tel: 086 21 5955 3405 | zhichu.chen.googlepages.com