Hi, Mojca:

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 11:36 PM, Mojca Miklavec
<mojca.miklavec.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 17:21, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>> On Mon, 11 May 2009, Yue Wang wrote:
>>
>>> By the way, After I finish the module, who should I turn to for
>>> submitting?
>>> Hans, the garden, or CTAN? Thanks.
>>
>> Submit it to the garden. If you also want it on CTAN, you can ask Mojca or
>> Patrick to sync the module with CTAN. Then whenever you make a change in the
>> module, it will be automatically synced with ctan and you do not have to
>> worry about submitting to multiple locations.
>
> One question before I add further suggestions: what's your relation to
> the author of zhspacing.sty?

We are good friends.

> Your module depends on it, so in a way it would make sense to package
> it together on CTAN and TeX Live, but if you have no connection to the
> author, one needs to make sure that the right bits and pieces end up
> in the right place.

well, zhspacing is free software. so I am free to make any changes I
want and redistribute that as long as I leave the original license
information, not to say we (yindian and me) are good friends. (In
fact, some parts of zhspacing's initial idea was suggested by me.
since yindian is good at tex macro programming, so he developed the
whole package base on the idea all by himself)

> Not too related, but: do you have any idea why this file is located
> under doc in TeX Live?
>     texmf-doc/doc/chinese/lshort-chinese/src/zhspacing.sty

yindian submitted the package to CTAN. but later some minor bugs were
found but he was quite busy and did not have time to maintain the
package. So  he asked the CTAN maintainer to remove that package. But
it is a useful package, so when the Chinese TeX Society plan to
translate lshort into Chinese, the document translator planned to use
that macro package, and that file is included in lshort-chinese
package.

> Well, OK, it's on lshort/chinese/src/ on CTAN, but I wonder if
> kpathsea finds the file at all. It looks like a slightly misplaced
> file to me, but I may be wrong.

Now Chinese TeX Society take over the development of zhspacing, xeCJK,
CJKpunct and ctex package. They are hosted on
code.google.com/p/ctex-kit. After a major release, we will submit all
the packages to CTAN. So in TeXLive 2009 you can find these packages
in texmf-dist.