Yanrui Li wrote:

I need to load it only for the experiments of Chinese punctuation
compression in the bbox way.

i played with that and discarded the code (in mkiv) for the moment because first i want more info about fonts and their quality ... one easily spends days on solving 'bugs' that are actually bugs in fonts instead

i will look again into these issues when

- i get precise rules for spacing (or multiple rule sets)
- we have a set of default cjk fonts in tex live that can serve as reference