Am 14.05.2009 um 21:59 schrieb Ryo Furue:

I know there is a typographic style where the inter-word
and inter-sentence spacings are the same.  But, by default,
ConTeXt uses a larger inter-sentence spacing than the
inter-word spacing.  In such a case, there has to be a means
to indicate an inter-sentence spacing when a sentence ends
with a capital letter and a period.

The TeXbook suggest to use \null before the period,
e.g. "USA\null. This is another sentence" but I would prefer
here LaTeX's \...@.

@Hans: There is something wrong with \nonfrenchspacing (or spacefactor) in mkiv.

\starttext

USA. This is another sentence

USA.\ This is another sentence

USA\null. This is another sentence

USA\spacefactor1000. This is another sentence

\stoptext

Wolfgang