On Fri, 22 May 2009, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

Hello,

Just to let you know - thanks to John Bowman (Michail Vidiassov is
also working on it) these are some latest posts from asymptote
developers on their forum - if anyone would like to play with
asymptote, feel free to test.

This is great. However, even simple examples do not work. I will test in more detail later. Is there some settings to get a verbose output on what asymptote is doing (-v just says Processing filename, which is not too informative).

PS: I really really have to avoid the temptation to get distracted in
the next few days/weeks unless I find an excuse that I need to make
3D/movies for my reports (which is not so unlikely to happen after all
:) I have converted asycolors.sty; if anyone wants to take a look at
asymptote.sty feel free to take it over. I might come back to it, but
not right now. My quick first impression is that it does something
similar to t-gnuplot, t-r, t-vim, t-lilypond, etc., that is: it
defines some high-level commands, writes a file, lets asymptote
process it and then includes the resulting graphic back.

It will be better to encapsulate asymptote setup similar to metapost (e.g., \startASYenvironment, \startASYinitilizations, etc)

Aditya