Culleton<j...@wexfordpress.com> wrote:
> > Tried to install context minimals including the steps
> > mktexlsr
> > texexec --make --all
> > No errors at this point.  But when I tried to run pdftex
> > I get the error message
> > I can't find the format file `pdftex.fmt!'
>
> Did you source setuptex ?
>
> Under linux I do
> . setuptext
> in tex dir

I set up the folloiwng in my .bashrc:
 source /home/safer/context/tex/setuptex

---which gave me the "set" values quoted before:
TEXMFCACHE=/home/safer/context/tex/texmf-cache
TEXMFOS=/home/safer/context/tex/texmf-linux
TEXROOT=/home/safer/context/tex

 Without that line I just default to my texlive installation.  There
is no pdftex.fmt file in my context-minimal install, anywhere.

--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus/e-book $5.95