Taco Hoekwater wrote:
Hi Peter,

Peter Münster wrote:
Hello Hans,

Since there is no more need, to keep compatibility with MKII (there are
already a lot of differences), I suggest - for the benefit of beginners -
to change at least 2 things:

- let \framed or \externalfigure behave like \parbox and \includegraphics
  in LaTeX, i.e. no more need to put \dontleavehmode before the command
  (the current behaviour is just not very intuitive...)

I have no very strong feelings about this one, but note that
such a change would mean a small loss of functionality.
(staying in vmode is not the same as \indent ...\par)

indeed. changing externalgraphic might be harmless (btw, normally it's never uses inline) but changing \framed is to tricky as it's a core macro used all over the place

 > - let align=left|right behave correctly

Switching the meaning of keywords that have existed for more than
a decade does not seem wise to me. If something has to be done,
then I would prefer scratching those two works altogether.

But practically, we already have

  align=flushleft|flushright

and the manuals should document these instead of bare left|right.

indeed