In case I wasn't clear "That may be possible" refers to "Having a
blank background may be possible".

And I really don't want to sound ungrateful for all the great software
available out there for free (by the way, I pay for software that
helps me), but it is maybe the 4th time I decide to try to write down
a set of slides using ConTeXt and I can't find a simple template with
a plain background to download. Call me crazy, but I didn't expect
that.

In the webpage for Slides/Presentations in the Context wiki, there is
no complete, working template for a presentation with slides. Sure,
people may want to customize everything, but I would guess 90% of
presentation have a title and an author, lists and pictures. It would
be very helpful to have such a template (as basic as possible, with
those four components). And a template like this would be a great
starting point for people like me, that want to migrate at least part
of their work to ConTeXt (I've had a very positive experience writing
problem sets already), and do that by doing real work, under a time
constraint, instead of setting time aside to learn everything writing
down examples, etc. (which is great, but takes longer) That kind of
audience needs a quick solution, and then references to
customizations. The references for customizations exist; the quick
solutions (templates go a long way in this case), no. And I think the
additional cost of doing that is minimal.

Thanks everybody, but I still have to find my simple template: title,
author, lists, pictures and plain background. I guess I could just go
and write down a large centered text for title, etc. but I was hoping
there would be something already done for very simple slides.

Best,

Guilherme

--
Guilherme P. de Freitas