Aditya Mahajan wrote:
On Sun, 15 Nov 2009, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

Aditya Mahajan wrote:

The attached patch gives a working solution for lmmath but does not work with cambria. I don't know if the latter is a fault of context mkiv or luatex.

"Does not work" as in: no error, but no delimiter either?

No scaled delimiter. There is no difference between \left< and <.

That would
be a side-effect of Cambria not having defined successors for LESS THAN.

I personally do not like this behavior of plain tex, with \left< being same as \left\langle. In the long run, all such delimiters should be defined similar to mathml fences,

\definemathfence[average][left=\langle, right=\rangle, scale=auto|none]

etc. Should we be really supporting this in MKIV?

i don't know.

what i observe is that when we use \left\langle always (which is what we do in mathml in order to play safe) the first level symbol is always a bit bigger than just an <

maybe it's just a matter of thresholds or prepending a smaller < to the list