Hi,

ConTeXt already passes quite a few length parameters on to embedded MetaPost code ... BodyFontSize, CurrentWidth etc.

Would it be possible to add some more font/math related parameters to the default definitions? I'm thinking of exposing math OpenType parameters like

AxisHeight
FractionRuleThickness
UpperLimitBaselineRiseMin
UpperLimitGapMin
LowerLimitGapMin
LowerLimitBaselineDropMin
etc.

of the surrounding text to MetaPost as well. This would be very handy for me since I need to draw diagrammatic expressions to be used in formulas and I'd like them to adapt to the current math font and fontsize automatically. At the moment I set these variables manually...

Also, is there a way to directly get the glyph outlines of, say, $ \bigotimes$ in MetaPost code and use it to derive some length unit from it?

Oliver