Hello,

i had the same problem with the refcommand=authoryears for a while. Since
nobody had an answer in the mailing list i tried to investigate the problem for
myself.
Apparently when the conversion from the bibtex file to the .bbl file takes
place the .bbl file gets the same name as the document and this, i don´t know
why, is the reason for the line break after the first parenthesis. Solution:
rename the .bbl file in whatever you want and do \input filename.bbl in your
document (delete or remove the original bibtex file from the document folder!).
For me this solution worked, but since i´m no programmer i´ve no idea to solve
this problem "professionally".

best regards
Bernhard