Am 06.02.10 23:17, schrieb Peter Münster:
Hello,

How can I place an element as background at a previously defined position?

Here a test-file to show what I'm looking for:

\definelayer[graphics][position=yes]
\setupbackgrounds[page][background=graphics]
\starttext
Here is some text. I would like to appear a graphics exactly
behind \hpos{XXX}{HERE}. How can I do this, without measuring by hand the
x- and y-offsets, and perhaps also without using metapost?

untested:

\newcounter\BackgroundPictures

\definelayer[BackgroundPicture][width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight]

\def\FixedPicture
  {\dodoubleempty\doFixedPicture}

\def\doFixedPicture[#1][#2]%
  {\doglobal\increment\BackgroundPictures
   \xypos{fixedpicture:\BackgroundPictures}%
   \doifnotmode{first}
     {\setlayer
        [BackgroundPicture]
        [x=\MPx{fixedpicture:\BackgroundPictures},
         y=\MPy{fixedpicture:\BackgroundPictures}]
        {\externalfigure[#1][#2]}}}

\setupbackgrounds[page][background=BackgroundPicture]

\starttext

... \FixedPicture[...] ...

\stoptext

Wolfgang