On Monday 08 February 2010 12:25:58 Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> ConTeXt has many features but sometimes there is something missing, what
> feature or package do you miss which is already available in another TeX
> system or unavailable in any TeX system?
>
> Wolfgang

Hello,

I have been using the (old) chart module to draw not only flow charts
but also to draw functional diagrams for gas handling and
hydrolics systems. This module could be significantly developped,
in particular though abstraction of node placement, color, etc.

One could go further, drawing tree diagrams. Here, I am thinking
about some of the possibilities of pgf/TiKz. Something probably
already exists in Metapost, but it would be nice to have such
tools native in ConTeXt.

pgf/TiKz is a nice package, and I like its support for ConTeXt.
However, a simpler, cleaner interface and syntax can be achieved
natively in ConTeXt and Metapost...

Going a bit further, I suppose that the same logic could be applied
to drawing schematic diagrams for electronics.

And why not abstract this further? One could then flexibly
logically place (and connect) containers of any sort.
I use collectors and columnsetspan to put together posters (A0).
This could be made easier.

Alan