On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 20:10:43 -0600
Michael Saunders <odrad...@gmail.com> scribit:

> > You mean like the beginner's manual
> >
> > http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/ms-cb-en.pdf
> >
> > and the user manual
> >
> > http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/cont-eni.pdf

> > amongst 46 others by Pragma
>

> No, not like those.  I mean like a real manual.  I read the book
> about Hasselt---a few examples without explanations.
> I've looked at most of the fifty or so documents over which
> this virtual manual is supposed to be spread.  They are about
> as informative.  Most of these documents seem to be 5--12
> years old.  The wiki is even more patchy.  The idea that a
> computer manual is something that exists implicitly in the
> discussions of a mailing list is a new idea to me.
>
> You can't be serious about "mk.pdf" being a manual.  Even it
> admits, "This document is not so much a users manual as a
> history of the development."  Little after that point is intelligible.
>
> Compared with the clear, abundant documentation of the
> LaTeX world, ...

LoL

I have a good meter of books about Latex. But Latex is 'congenitally'
unable to do what I want to obtain.

Within 6 months, with the Seroul book & the Context Manual & the help of
this list, I made more and better than in 10 years of Latex.

With Latex you must accept to do what Latex wants to be done. With
Context (and even with the older Tex), you are free (not free in an
denglish sense ('gratuit', 'kostenfrei'), but 'libre' or 'frei').

> Context seems like a secret that a small club is
> trying to keep.  It's not even clear from the manuals that
> development is ongoing, much less that there is some advantage
> in using it.
>
> So, will there ever be a manual to MK IV?  In how many years?

I think that the usersd need that the '[...,...,...]' should be replaced or
referenced by
lists of parameters and we need a wiki-glossary of the params.

So we need a wiki to which users can access. I tried to access t the
contextgarden, but my access was forbidden.

So it is true that Context is much more better than the way its access
is managed.

--
René Bastian
www.pythoneon.org