On Thu, 18 Mar 2010, Mikael Persson wrote:

Wow, Wolfgang, this is very nice! (I was fighting his some weeks ago,
and what I probably did wrong was that I did not regenerate the file
name database. Now the math is indeed italic and not upright.)

It is, however, not completely perfect. With the following example, I
get the attached result. I think the prime is too close to the f and

I don't know. Do they come out correctly with latex? If so, it may be a bug in luatex's italic correction.

also, sin should be "upright" and not italic. Any ideas?

Try (Untested)

\definetypeface[charter][mm][math] [charter]     [default] [text=rm]

Aditya