Hello,

I have a question regarding hanging indentation in
startstoplines-environment.

So I try to use ConTeXt to typeset poems. In some texts/poems
ar long lines, which have to be broken. They should be broken
into hanging indentations.

That means:

Every line of poem should start left.
If a poemline is longer than text width, the rest of this line
   should be indented in a new text line. (just like here)
The width of this indentation should be fixed (e.g. 3em).
The width of this indentation shouldn't depend on a word.
It would be fine, if I don't have to set (poem)linebreaks.

   Additionally, it should still be able to indent a verse
       (e.g. a chorus), for instance using narrower.
   Hyphenation should be switched off inside the poems.

So I found \setuphanging, but these instruction seems made
another job---indenting a paragraph to be placed right beside
the first words of the paragraph.

That's the example, which does not work (all lines are indented)

%<-------------- snip ---------------------------------------

\definestartstop[verse]
 [command={\setupwhitespace[1.2em]}%   % follow the grid
  ,before={\setupindenting[-2em,yes]%  % trial to construct
           \startnarrower[2em]%        %   hanging indent
           \startalignment[flushleft]% % even inter-word-dist.
           \startlines%                %   no justification
           \indenting[first]}%
   ,after={\stoplines%
           \stopalignment%
           \stopnarrower%
           \endgraf}]

\starttext

Three lines, first should be broken:

\startverse
FIRST---this should be one line, please remove linebreaks made by the
mail programms or similiar possibly until HERE.
SECOND---next line without carriage return or line feed,
THIRD---because startstoplines accept linebreaks.
FOURTH---is also one who don't make much words.
\stopverse

\stoptext

Any idea how to do that?

Thanks for help