On 23-7-2010 9:23, Armin Varmaz wrote:
Hi guys

is there a way to put the size fonts in formulas and the size of symbols in
\mathematics to the local size font, e.g. used in a text box? I found that
ConTeXt does not use the appropriate font size in {\tfxx } or in \tfx. below a
mini example.

what am I doing wrong? maybe I damaged my context installation somehow.

Armin

******

\starttext

this looks normal $x$.

this looks normal \mathematics{x}.

{\tfxx this looks bad $x$.}

{\tfxx this looks bad \mathematics{x}, too.}

{\tfd interestingly this looks good \mathematics{x}.}

{\tfc this looks good \mathematics{x}.}

{\tfb this looks good \mathematics{x}.}

{\tfa this looks good \mathematics{x}.}

{\tfxx this looks bad \mathematics{x}.}

\stoptext

the x sizes are just for text while the a-d sized are for titles and so

nowadays the a-d sizes could be defined in terms of larger bodyfont sizes as font class switching is pretty fast

for smaller sizes you can switch to a smaller bodyfont

\definealternativestyle [bigger]  [\setbigbodyfont  \tf] []
\definealternativestyle [smaller] [\setsmallbodyfont\tf] []

\starttext

{
    1\smaller this looks bad \mathematics{x}, too. \the\bodyfontsize\par
    2\smaller this looks bad \mathematics{x}, too. \the\bodyfontsize\par
    3\smaller this looks bad \mathematics{x}, too. \the\bodyfontsize\par
    4\smaller this looks bad \mathematics{x}, too. \the\bodyfontsize\par
}

{
    1\bigger this looks bad \mathematics{x}, too. \the\bodyfontsize\par
    2\bigger this looks bad \mathematics{x}, too. \the\bodyfontsize\par
    3\bigger this looks bad \mathematics{x}, too. \the\bodyfontsize\par
    4\bigger this looks bad \mathematics{x}, too. \the\bodyfontsize\par
}

i'll add the bigger and smaller shortcuts