On 2010-08-18 <06:23:20>, Salil Sayed wrote:
>    Hi All,
>    Hans will starting looking into the development of 'streams' for mkvi
>    soon. So let us gather our wishes for these functions so that the
>    interface can be well thought of beforehand. Please respond to this
>    thread with your wishes and I might compile them later in one place if
>    doing so makes sense.
>    To begin with here is my first wish:
>    Being able to flow multiple texts in parallel. A simple case is a
>    translation of the same text running on opposite page while the
>    original runs on left/right page. In my thesis these are not
>    translations, but correlated texts written for different audiences.
>    (think of levels in a CG game) So the texts need to be designed
>    differently.
>    To extrapolate this facility, if columns on one page can run such
>    parallel texts then we can have multiple translations running together.
>    Best regards,
>    Salil

Hi Salil,

three items I'd like to add:
  * horizontal split page layout (upper and lower parts instead of
    columns),
  * asymmetric stream combinations (e.g. two streams on the left page,
    another stream on the facing page), and
  * easy reprinting (i.e. a photographic reproduction as one stream on
    the left and a text stream on the right page).
I've seen all of this in printed books so it would be a pity to live in
a world where the best typesetting system can't do that. Some of this I
already mentioned to Hans a while ago, maybe he remembers.

Regards, Philipp