I can't seem to get a list of publications. The only exception is when I use \placepublications directly after a chapter, which seems to work.

In particular, putting the list of references in a separate 'backmatter' doesn't work at all, either with \place- or \completepublications.

Minimal example is below. ConTeXt version is

2010.11.03 19:42

--

\setuppublicationlist[samplesize={BGT83},totalnumber=2]

\startpublication[k=Bailey,t=article,
a={{Bailey},{Swarztrauber}},y=1991,
n=1,s=BS91]
\artauthor[]{D.~H.}[D.~H.]{}{Bailey}
\artauthor[]{P.~N.}[P.~N.]{}{Swarztrauber}
\pubyear{1991}
\arttitle{The fractional {F}ourier transform and applications}
\journal{SIAM Rev.}
\volume{33}
\issue{3}
\pages{389--404}
\stoppublication

\startpublication[k=Bay1,t=article,
a={{Bayliss},{}},y=1983,
n=2,s=BGT83]
\artauthor[]{A.}[A.]{}{Bayliss}
\artauthor[]{C.~I.}[C.~I.]{}{Goldstein}
\artauthor[]{E.}[E.]{}{Turkel}
\pubyear{1983}
\arttitle{An iterative method for the {H}elmholtz equation}
\journal{J. Comp. Phys.}
\volume{49}
\pages{443--457}
\stoppublication

\starttext

\startbodymatter
I can cite single authors, like this \cite[Bailey], and I
can also do more than one citation \cite[Bailey,Bay1].

\blank[medium]

\placepublications
\completepublications

\stopbodymatter