On 8-2-2011 10:40, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
Hello,

The luatex documentation contains in section "7.2.2 Example virtual
font" an example how to define a virtual font "cmr10-red". The font
is defined by adding the code to the define_font callback.

Does some interface exists in contex/mkiv which allows to use such
virtual fonts together with the normal font loading code? E.g. could
I move the code for the font to some file ("cmr10-red.vflua") so
that a request \font\mytest="cmr10-red" will simply find this file
and use the code like vf, tfm or otf-files are found and used when
needed?

It's relatively easy to add support for that. However, when I've done that Khaled has to make sure that it also works in his wrapper code as I don't know to what extend he overloads code. I can only test in the plain variant and context.