Dear All,

I am still trying to typeset cals tables.

I have
1. an environment document with instructions.
2. an xml docbook file containing cals tables

Note that the original cals tables (docbook standard) use <table, <tgroup, etc.
but for ConTeXt purposes this  - as far as I understand - needs to be:
<cals:table, <cals:tgroup, etc. (My xml reader does not recognize them anymore.)

Among the many things I tried is putting the table in a separate xml file, and
then import it:

\starttext
\xmlprocess{main}{\xmlatt{#1}{fileref}}{}
\stoptext

This works, so yes, it is possible to produce a standard table on a pdf page.
This pd file can be imported as an image (which of course is of no help when
the table is longer than one page).

But the directives - the ones prepared by Hans - have no influence on the
tables at all. According to the log file the cdx file file is loaded, but the
directives are not recognized:

lxml : no directives found in 'x-cals-test.cdx'

To solve this, I tried rephrasing the directives as context instructions:

<directive attribute='cdx' value="colors" element="cals:table"
setup="cdx:cals:table:colors"/>

\xmlcontextdirective {cdx} {colors} {cals:table} {cdx:cals:table:colors}

But there is no effect, and I don't know whether I did this right. However,
When the process instruction is part of a setup in an environment file, such as:

\startxmlsetups xml:mediaobject:imageobject:imagedata:tabel
\xmlloaddirectives{x-cals-test.cdx}%
\xmlprocess{main}{\xmlatt{#1}{fileref}}{}
\stopxmlsetups

The table is not typeset and the entire file is broken off at this point (the
table xml file is valid of course).
So the table is probably read in, but then something happens. Without the
table, the file is typeset normally.

I already read and reread all information in the manuals on this subject, and
all archived email correspondence.

Can anyone explain me in more than one line how to set up an environmental
file? Or show me a working minimal example?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Robert