On 18.03.2011 03:42, mathew wrote:
On Mar 17, 2011, at 11:53, Stefan Müller wrote:
Yes, I thought so. I just asked, because I couldn't find an environment variable with that name. Even after
"setuptex.bat" typing "echo %OSFONTDIR%" did only print "%OSFONTDIR%" and not a
list of paths, as I expected.

There are defaults baked into the binaries. If you don't set the environment
variable, you get the built-in defaults. That's generally how things work on
Unix.

Alright, that would explain it.