On 04/11/2011 11:09 AM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
Am 11.04.2011 um 11:00 schrieb Verhaag, G.C.H.M.:

Hi,

In my earlier MkIV minimal ConTeXt installation (dec.2010) I used the following
in my preamble to activate oldstyle numbering:

\usetypescript[schola]
\setupbodyfont[schola,8pt]

\definefontfeature [oldstyle] [default] [onum=yes]
\addff{oldstyle}

but this doesn't seem to work anymore in my recently installed minimal ConTeXt
installation (ConTeXt  ver: 2011.03.30 11:21 MkIV  fmt: 2011.3.30  int:
english/english).

I use this installation with Debian 6.0 (Squeeze).

Any idea what's wrong?
The following two methods do work for me.

1. Global change

\definefontfeature[default][default][onum=yes]

\setupbodyfont[schola,8pt]

\starttext
1234567890
\stoptext

2. Local change

\setupbodyfont[schola,8pt]

\definefontfeature[oldstyle][onum=yes]

\starttext
1234567890 {\addff{oldstyle}1234567890}
\stoptext

Wolfgang

Hi,

The suggested ways both work for me as well! So, I'm afraid that I don't understand the definefontfeature command very well.

Perhaps I should read the chapter on fonts more thorougly! Thanks to all contributers to this thread.

Regards,
Gerard Verhaag