On 04/13/2011 08:27 AM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

On 13 apr. 2011, at 00:07, Pontus Lurcock <p...@talvi.net <mailto:p...@talvi.net>> wrote:

On Mon 11 Apr 2011, Khaled Hosny wrote:

(\addff is meant for temporally applying font features not the other way
around, but I think it should work this way too, so may be something
is broken)

\addff{oldstyle} works with my 2011.02.25 ConTeXt, so evidently it's
quite a recent change.

\addff is for adding some feature to an already selected font. It fails in the latest beta's because fonts are no longer preloaded immediately, but only after \starttext (which is a good thing)

Best wishes,
Taco
Hi,

Taco, thanks for the explanation!

So, this makes the item called: "How can I get the “oldstyle numbers” (text figures) in a document?" on wiki.contextgarden.net no longer valid, right!

Changes are difficult to figure out, when you're not very good at the details. Keeping the wiki up-to-date is a huge task and certainly not a trivial thing!

Please don't misunderstand me. I don't want to criticise the way the wiki is maintained. On the contrary, it's a great tool, and we users very much depend on it.

However for getting the oldstyle numerals working again, I needed this mailing list!

If I'm wrong please feel free to comment on all this. Thanks again!

Regards,
Gerard Verhaag