On Jun 3, 2011, at 8:38 PM, Julian Becker wrote:

> I came across an issue in context (context ver. 2011.05.18 22:26, LuaTeX ver:
> beta-0.65.0-2010121421 (rev 4034) ) when trying to cite a bibliography item
> having an author with a German umlaut "รค"
>

>From btxdoc, which is part of texlive:

"you must place the entire accented character in braces; in this case either
{\"a} or {\"{a}} will do. Furthermore these braces must not themselves be
enclosed in braces (other than the ones that might delimit the entire field or
the entire entry); and there must be a backslash as the very first character
inside the braces..."

Thusly: Tr{\"a}ger

But I admit it's not easy to know that, bibtex documentation is a real mess,
and Oren Patashnik appears to suffer from a real disease which prevents him
from writing clear sentences and easily parsable documents.

Thomas