On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 18:51, Kip Warner wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-06-13 at 09:34 +0200, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> Thanks a lot for the report.
>>
>> Since none of us has the ability to compile for that architecture, the
>> only way to include support is if somebody compiles TeX Live (2011)
>> binaries as soon as possible and then keeps compiling LuaTeX and
>> metapost for that architecture on regular basis (once per month on
>> average, but it is nice to have reacting time within a few days).
>>
>> Are you willing to volunteer for that?
>>
>> Mojca
>
> Hey Mojca,
>
> I could, but on the condition that it doesn't require any more than a
> few minutes of my time each month because I am pretty task saturated
> already.

When sources are updated and if everything is set up properly, you
only need to run a single command from terminal (at the end you need
to provide svn password unless you configure svn to store it for you).
It takes about 10 minutes to finish compilation, but it only takes
processor time, no work for you. You can also set up a cron job to run
each night in which case there will be absolutely zero work for you
unless compilation fails.

What is more important is not to abandone the work once you start it.
It makes little to no sense to provide binaries if you happen to, say,
not have time to update the binaries for a month.

You can try
    svn co http://svn.contextgarden.net/minimals-src/build-binaries

Try to run bin_update_src.sh and try to build luatex and metapost (you
can also run bin_buid.sh, but then you need to patch platform.sh
first). Usually you just hit "do_all.sh".

However the first required step is to build TeX Live sources. See
    http://www.tug.org/texlive/build.html

The deadline for release of TeX Line 2011 is end of June. It would be
most helpful for me if TeX Live's SVN could include binaries. Updating
TeX Live binaries is only done once per year and you might need to
repeat that two or three times within a month (when bugs are
discovered).

Can you please try if you can build the successfully?

Mojca